Get the best car breakdown cover for older UK cars here


Although it may be more difficult it is possible to get car breakdown cover for older cars in the UK. A lot of companies will only provide breakdown assistance for cars that are 15 years old or less. The only problem when you do find a company that will cover you is the cost could be relatively more expensive than that of a younger car. You also need to look out for what is covered as with older cars you might be restricted on what you are covered for.

Through Hodgsoninsurance.co.uk you can get breakdown cover provided by the RAC for cars that are older than 15 years. There are 3 levels of cover they provide:

  1. Roadside Assistance and national recovery - £44 - If you vehicle cannot be repaired it will be recovered to a garage, your home or your onward destination. The breakdown must be more than 1 mile away from your home.
  2. Roadside Assistance, national recovery and doorstep - £78 - Similar to the above policy but also included is recovery and assistance if your car breaks down less than 1 mile from your home.
  3. Roadside Assistance, national recovery, doorstep and continental - £125 - You have the same cover as above but you are also covered for breakdown anywhere on the continent of Europe. If you breakdown you will be towed to a local garage.

If you are interested in learning more about any of these car breakdown policies or to get your own individual quote, simply log onto Hodgsoninsurance.co.uk


  • Source:
  • Google images

United Kingdom - Excite Network Copyright ©1995 - 2021