Cheap travel insurance is out there for people over 70
You might be surprised to know that it's easy to find cheap travel insurance for people over 70, but it's true. You just have to know the right places to look for it.
Many insurance providers are willing to provide travel cover to people in the over 70 age bracket. But they will often charge a higher premium because older people are viewed as riskier investments when they're away, with a higher percentage experiencing health problems while on holiday.
Help The Aged is a fantastic travel insurance provider that caters exclusively to older people. Their travel insurance is incredibly flexible and can be tailored to your specific needs. Single trip cover and annual cover are both available to the UK, Europe and worldwide.
If you're unfortunate enough to have a pre-existing health condition such as hypertension, asthma or diabetes, you can still take out a travel insurance policy at no extra cost.
And there's no upper age limit on their policies, so if you fancy spending your 101st birthday jet skiing in Barbados, feel free to apply. Some of the benefits included with Help the Aged travel insurance include:
- £10 million emergency medical expenses
- Repatriation if medically necessary
- UK trips covered on annual policies
- Optional cover for luggage and personal possessions cover up to £2,500
- Cover for cancellation; should the policy holder's carer fall ill and is unable to travel
- Personal liability
- Personal accident
- Up to £250 cover for cash whilst on holiday (if personal possessions cover is selected)
- Up to £25,000 for legal expenses
- Luggage delay
- Loss of passport
- Delayed or missed departure
- 10% online discount for new policies
- Immediate cover can be arranged over the phone. No needlessly complicated forms to complete
- UK based call centre
Give them a call if you're looking for cheap travel insurance for over 70.
- google images