Ten tips on how to get cheaper car insurance
Are you looking for cheaper car insurance? Are you currently getting overcharged for it? Then look no further, discover here how you can avail of cheaper car insurance. If you follow these 10 steps, you are guaranteed to reduce your premium!
- Get a pass plus certificate. This DSA certificate can save a young driver up to 30% on their insurance premium.
- Get a variety of quotes from different companies. Car insurance comparison websites are worth a look and it only takes a couple of minutes to get a quote from all major insurance companies.
- Choose a car with a smaller engine. The higher power the car is, the higher your premium will also be!
- Install an alarm or an immobiliser for added security. This can reduce your premium by up to 20%
- Build a no claims discount. This can save you up to 80% off your premium in years to come.
- Increase your voluntary excess. This is the initial sum of money that you will pay in any claim that may arise.
- Get different quotes every year. Other company's prices might have fallen, while your current insurer's prices have risen!
- If you are married, have the female as the policy holder as more often than not, females pay less for their insurance.
- Younger drivers should add an adult such as a parent or older brother who have more driving experience. This can dramatically reduce the cost of your premium.
- Reduce your insurance coverage. Third party fire and theft can be much cheaper than a fully comprehensive policy.
- Google images