Credit cards to rescue

Shoppers who can’t get a refund for faulty goods they‘ve bought using a credit card, will be able to turn to their card provider get their money back thanks to new rulings by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).

Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act states that the card provider is jointly liable with the retailer for any purchase made using its products.

So if the goods or services bought are not up to scratch, cardholders can apply for a refunder to their card providers if the retailer doesn’t play ball.

So if the shop doesn’t want to refund you, firstly turn to your card provider, and if they don’t give you the refund then you should refer the case to the FOS. However, using Section 75 to apply for a refund doesn’t work in all circumstances. Claims must involve goods or services costing between £100 and £30,000.

Above or below this range and you’re not covered.

United Kingdom - Excite Network Copyright ©1995 - 2022