- Google images
This year hundreds of thousands of UK citizens will take off on their holidays without having adequate travel insurance. Most of these will not encounter any difficulties but for those who do, they could be faced with bills for thousands of pounds. Getting cheap travel insurance before you leave is the best way to ensure you are covered.
Like all kinds of insurance, there is a large range of different options for you to choose from when picking your travel insurance. You could choose from some of the following policies.
- Single trip cover - Can usually be bought when booking your holiday. You can usually choose cover from 1 day up to 6 months, depending on the length of your trip.
- Annual travel cover - This is the best and cheapest option for most travellers. You can go on as many trips as you like each year. Many deals can be found with this type of policy including free children's insurance.
- Ski insurance - Ski, snowboarding and wintersports policies can be slightly more expensive due to the higher risks associated with your trip.
- Backpackers insurance - Covers travellers who decide to travel the world. This insurance usually is expensive but covers a wide range of risks. These policies are usually purchased for 12 months or more.
- Business multi trip - A business policy will give greater benefits to cover for business equipment such as laptops. Leisure travel is usually also insured.
If you are interested in finding out more about cheap travel insurance, simply log onto one of the following sites: