It's essential for members of the OISC to have indemnity insurance

  • Source:
  • google images

When you're working as an adviser for the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC), you're dealing with people's lives and the information you give them can have profound implications for them in the future. That's why it's so important for members of the OISC to have indemnity insurance.

In fact, it's a legal requirement for OISC advisers to have indemnity insurance. The OISC website states that "all advisers must have current and adequate professional indemnity insurance cover in respect of any civil liability that may be incurred in relation to their work and advice services. The OISC will not grant authorisation to practise to any adviser without such insurance being in place."

And if your indemnity insurance policy expires while you're working for the OISC, it's incumbent upon you to inform OISC management of this event within five working days of becoming aware of it. You will also need to inform them of the steps you're taking to renew the policy or purchase new indemnity insurance.

If you fail to do so, you could find yourself out of work. "The lapse of professional indemnity insurance cover is sufficient to cause the withdrawal by the OISC of authority to provide immigration advice or immigration services," the website states.

When you're looking for the best deal on indemnity insurance, it's highly recommended that you use an insurance comparison website. Leading comparison websites, such as Money Supermarket and Compare the Market, will give you a list of the best policies and prices in a few minutes.

United Kingdom - Excite Network Copyright ©1995 - 2021