Is it worth taking out landlord home insurance in Ireland

If you have a property that you're considering renting out, then it's important to keep yourself covered by taking out a good Landlord Insurance policy. After all, you never know who is going to end up renting from you, and the risks associated with letting out a property can be quite substantial!

There are a number of things you need to make sure are included if you're taking out a Landlord Insurance policy. Malicious damage from tenants, The length of time the property can be unoccupied before cover is restricted, liability for injury to the Tenant, and possible cover for the loss of rent.

You can take out two seperate policies for both Buildings Cover and Contents Cover if you wish.

The Buildings Cover is the sum insured by you that is equal to the cost of rebuilding if the property is destroyed. Do not take out the policy on the current market value of the property as no insurance company will pay out this much. You can findo ut how to assess the value of your property at www.scs.ie.

When it comes to content cover, you don't need to take the same precautions, as most of the contents of the house won't be yours. All you need to do is make sure your property like electrical appliances and door frames etc are covered. Just make sure your policy stipulates that the replacement will be "new for old".

If you're looking for a suggestion for the best place to take out this insurance, then we recommend checking out Allianz's Home Insurance section at http://www.allianz.ie/Home-Insurance/.

landlord home insurance ireland

United Kingdom - Excite Network Copyright ©1995 - 2022