Are You Due a Tax Rebate?

Every year, thousands of UK employees overpay on the amount of tax that they actually owe the state. If you think that you may have overpaid on your taxes then fear not, you can recoup this amount and it will be repaid to you directly within a reasonable timeframe. We will guide you through the process of contacting HM Revenue and Customs for your tax rebate.

Are you Entitled to a Rebate?

It often happens that a person can end up overpaying what they actually owe on their income tax. This can happen for a number of reasons but the most common one is not having steady and stable employment and move jobs a lot. If you find that you have overpaid in tax for the year or even simply suspect you may have then there are steps you can take to get a tax rebate.

Nine times out of ten you willl be required to provide documents detailing your employment in order to help HMRC process your claim. But for employees there is always a chance that they already have all the relevant documentation on file so it may be worth phoning HMRC before you do anything just to see if they even need certain documents to process your rebate.

You can contact Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs either by telephone at 0300 200 3300 or by email by filling out the appropriate form at www.hmrc.gov.uk. If it turns out that you have actually overpaid on taxes then your tax rebate will be repaid to you promptly. Alternatively, if you prefer the old school means of contact, you can post your query to HM Revenue & Customs, Pay As You Earn, PO Box 1970, Liverpool L75 1WX.

A Scam to Watch Out For

Recently, there has been a sophisticated tax rebate scam doing the rounds via email. These scam emails typically inform you that you may be due a tax rebate and proceed to ask for sensitive and personal information that can be very damaging to you if handed over. Do not in any circumstances part with personal information in response to emails such as this.

United Kingdom - Excite Network Copyright ©1995 - 2021