We can help you find out of you are due a tax refund

Despite the fact that the United Kingdom's tax system is quite streamlined and has been refined over time, there are still the occasional times when people end up overpaying on their annual taxes. Today we are going to take a look at ways for you to figure out if you are due a tax refund.

There are a number of main reasons why people find that they may be due a tax refund in the United Kingdom these days. We're going to go through the most common ones for you today, so that you can figure out of any of them affect you and your finances.

If you have overpaid taxes through your job, for example if you are in a higher tax band than you should be, or you started your latest job with emergency tax activated, then you are entitled to put in a claim in order to see if you are due a tax refund.

If your pension has been taxed too much, you may also be entitled to ask for Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs to take a look at your case to see if you are due anything to be returned to you.

The same goes for those of you who have stopped working in the middle of a tax year, need to correct your tax returns, are reclaiming tax on life annuity income purchased, claiming income tax for a person who has passed away and claiming back any potentially overpaid National Insurance contributions. Many people see HM Revenue and Customs as some kind of boogieman to be avoided, but the truth is they are actually quite easy to deal with and will always deal with your requests as well as they can.

If you need to get in touch with HM Revenue and Customs at any time for a potential tax refund, you can do so by giving them a call at 0845 300 0627 between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday, and between 8am and 4pm on Saturdays. Before you call, make sure that you have your National Insurance Number handy, since your problems cannot be dealt with without it!

United Kingdom - Excite Network Copyright ©1995 - 2021