Want cheap insurance for your car in the UK?
- Google images
Finding cheap insurance for your car in the UK is no easy challenge. Insurance rates are at an all time high and there is no sign of them slowing down anytime soon. Following our advice could save you hundreds of pounds each year on your car insurance.
- Use car insurance comparison websites - Comparison websites let you easily compare policies from different UK insurers. As well as comparing prices, you can also compare the benefits of each policy so you can find the best deal for you. Some of the most popular UK car insurance comparison sites include gocompare.com and confused.com.
- Complete a Pass Plus course - A Pass Plus course is designed for anybody with little or no previous driving experience. A certificate can save you up to 35% on your car insurance. For more information about a course near you visit direct.gov.uk.
- Buy your policy online - Some companies will give a further discount of up to 20% for simply purchasing your policy online. Quinn Direct and Direct Line often have these discounts available through their websites.
- Build a no claims bonus - A no claims bonus is awarded for each full year of your policy that you don't make a claim. A no claims bonus of 5 years can often save you 75% on your car insurance.
- The car - Keep modifications to a minimum and stick to a car with a smaller engine. Also, installing an alarm or an immobiliser may entitle you to a further discount.